A delectable dessert that is sure to please!
- 8 egg yolks
- 80 g sugar
- 1 pint cream
- 100 g 70% chocolate (melted)
- 6 tsp white sugar
- Bring cream to the boil.
- Beat sugar and egg yolks together.
- Pour cream onto egg and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add chocolate and stir.
- Strain and pour into 6 espresso cups or small ramekins.
- Put the cups into a roasting tin containing hot water and bake @ 110c for 30-40 mins until set.
- When removed from oven, allow to cool and place in fridge until ready to glaze.
- To glaze the brulee, put a teaspoon of white sugar onto each chocolate crème brulee.
- Place under a very hot grill until the sugar has melted. If you have a blow torch, use this to melt the sugar.
- These can be made up to two days in advance (unglazed) and kept in the fridge.
Louise's tips: For an extra crunchy top, glaze the brulee twice. Maybe Add 2 floz of your favourite liquor to the brulee mixture to switch up the flavour. These can be made up to two days in advance (unglazed) and kept in the fridge.