A plaque to commemorate Countess Constance Markievicz is unveiled at Sir Patrick Dun's Hospital in Dublin.
Units of Na Fianna Éireann which was founded by Countess Markievicz and Bulmer Hobson parade to the hospital from Macken Street. An anniversary Mass for Constance Markievicz at Saint Andrew's Church, Westland Row had been celebrated earlier in the morning.
The plaque which commemorates the passing of the Sligo-born revolutionary, politician, nationalist and suffragist at Sir Patrick Dun's Hospital on 15 July 1927 is unveiled by President Éamon de Valera and Eamon Martin, former Fianna Éireann Chief of Staff and patron of The Fianna Veterans Association.
In attendance are Patrick Campbell, chairman of Na Fianna and Eugene Kelly, chairman of Na Fianna Memorial Committee. Tadg O'Carroll Secretary at the Department of Labour and Lord Mayor of Dublin Thomas Stafford are also present.
Representing Sir Patrick Dun’s Hospital are Professor WJE Jessop, Matron Katherine Byrne and Colonel E Hicks.
An RTÉ News report broadcast on 9 July 1967. The footage shown here is mute.