Sales & Services
RTÉ is the Irish National Public Service Broadcasting Organization. The radio service was inaugurated in 1926 and the television service in 1961.
The RTÉ archive collections consist of a selection of news, current affairs, music and programme material, and a large selection of unique archive material.
Additional to RTÉ produced material, subject to copyright considerations, we can supply material from archive collections of audiovisual, audio and photographic material of Irish interest acquired from local and international sources.
Dating as early as 1890s, the collections of RTÉ Archives encompass more than a century of Irish life.
See About RTÉ Archives for details.
RTÉ Archives provide services for
- Broadcasting, publishing and other media production -
We supply video & audio archive material, and photographic images for professional use in broadcast programme-making, film production, publishing, commercial advertisement production and other media production.
- Public Exhibition -
We supply video & audio archive material, and photographic images for professional use in public exhibitions in Ireland and internationally. Charges and terms and conditions are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Academic Research - We make research, viewing and copying facilities available to postgraduate students and academic researchers for the purposes of private study.
Charges and terms and conditions are subject to our academic access policy.
- Private Use - Subject to copyright status and availability of resources, RTÉ provides limited access to RTÉ Archives through the RTÉ Library Sales team. We can also supply photographic images from RTÉ Stills Library collection. Material is made available on the strict understanding that it is for private use only.
- Other professional uses - RTÉ may make research, viewing and copying facilities available for other professional uses. Charges and terms and conditions are considered on a case-by-case basis.
To make a request for archive material, please click on the Requests tab above. Note, our sales & services are provided subject to the following.
- Terms and conditions
- Copyright laws
- Licensing agreements
- Preservation status of the collections
- Resources available.