Three men have been remanded in custody for two days at a garda station after they admitted driving their articulated lorries side-by-side on the main Tralee to Limerick road last year.
All three had pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, but claimed their motivation was charitable.
They were recording a video to promote a charity fundraiser at the time.
The men have offered to pay €3,000 each to the court poor box.
Krzysztof Sokolowski, 33, of Main Street, Castleisland; Lorcan Regan, 20, of Mein, Knocknagoshel, and Slawomir Kupiec, 36, of Clonough Drive, Limerick Road, Castleisland, Co Kerry, each pleaded guilty to dangerous driving at Dooneen, Castleisland on 14 October 2012.
All three are employees of McAuliffe Trucking of Castleisland.
District Court Judge James O'Connor described their driving as a "scandalous" and "outlandish" incident, regardless of the charitable motive involved.
Garda David Kearney told the court how gardaí became aware of the incident when a member of the public, who saw the video on YouTube, complained to the Garda National Traffic Bureau.
Defending solicitor Padraig O'Connell said they had carried out the enterprise for the Share a Dream and Pieta House charities.
He accepted it could have been better organised.
The judge said that regardless of the charitable motive, the fact that the video was put on YouTube meant impressionable young people would be tempted to imitate it in their own vehicles.
He adjourned the matter, but warned that 14 days in prison could be expected.
Mr O'Connell said he was offering €9,000 to the court poor box to be given to charity - €3,000 from each man - "as a pre-emptive strike" on behalf of the three defendants.
"They fully accept their culpability and as a result of mature reflection and my advice and the time you gave them, I am coming into court with a substantial contribution for the court poor box," he said, adding that the men agreed to spend two nights in a garda station.
Judge O'Connor agreed to remand the three men overnight to Tralee Garda Station to appear at the District Court in Tralee on Thursday.
He said he took into account the substantial sum being offered.
Judge O'Connor also took into account that this was for charity, but "it was misguided" and the danger was young people viewing it on the internet might imitate it.
He said he will finalise the matter on Thursday.