Keep in the freezer in an airtight container until ready to enjoy.
- 150g caster sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 375g dark chocolate, chopped
- 225ml cream
- 6 tblsp brandy or Cointreau
- Cocoa powder, desiccated coconut, hundreds and thousands etc, for rolling
- Whisk the yolks and sugar until pale and thick, cook over Bain Marie until back of spoon coats, then set aside.
- Bring cream to boil in a saucepan, turn off the heat, then add the chocolate and mix well.
- Fold in the egg mixture and mix and also add the Cointreau.
- Put in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- When set, take some mixture with a teaspoon and roll into a ball with your hands.
- Drop the ball into cocoa powder to coat, place on a tray and do the rest. Keep in the freezer in an airtight container until ready to enjoy.