Want to inject a fish dish into your week? It couldn't be simpler with this delicious fish dish from Michael O'Doherty, when he appeared on The Restaurant
- 6 (160g each) turbot fillets
- 6 large potatoes
- 4 tblsp milk
- 150 g butter
- 1 savoy cabbage
- 1 tblsp water
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 lemon
- for the truffle dressing:
- 100 ml truffle oil
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 75 ml truffle vinegar
- 1 fresh truffle (finely diced)
- To make the colcannon, pierce the skin of the potatoes and bake in the hot oven at 180ºC, for about one hour or until they are soft on the inside.
- Then peel and scoop the flesh into a pot and mash until smooth with the milk and butter.
- Next slice the cabbage and cook in salted water until its tender, strain and stir into the baked potato and season to taste and set aside.
- To make the dressing whisk the truffle oil, olive oil and truffle vinegar until it emulsifies.
- Then stir in the fresh truffle and leave to infuse.
- For the fish, season the turbot fillet and place in an ovenproof pan and bake in a hot oven, 180ºC for 4 minutes. Squeeze some lemon juice over the cooked fillets.
- To serve, place colcannon in the centre of the plate, lay the turbot on top and drizzle with the truffle dressing.