Una Claffey reports on leaked budget information that led to junior minister Phil Hogan surprising the Dáil by announcing his resignation from government.
- Title Hogan Announces Resignation
- 1st Broadcast 09/02/1995
- ContributorUna Claffey (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:03:00
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Budget Leaks Lead To Resignation Of Junior Minister
- Extended description
When an advisor to Junior Finance Minister, Phil Hogan, had faxed financial details to the media, the opposition was enraged.
As a result the Taoiseach made an apology to the Dáil. Due to continued pressure from Fianna Fail, Phil Hogan announced his resignation.
A RTÉ News report on the resignation of Phil Hogan following information leaks from the Department of Finance.
- Local keywords Memorable Budgets, Budget, 1995, Phil Hogan, Rainbow Government, Politics, Economics
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1995
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier BN95/040
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
- 1970: Budget Without A Minister
- 1976: Minister for Hardship
- 1980: Living Beyond Our Means
- 1982: VAT On Children's Shoes
- 1984: "A Dreary Non-Event"
- 1987: 'Mac The Knife'
- 1991: First Televised Budget
- 1992: Bertie's First Budget
- 1995: Rainbow Budget
- 2000: Giveaway Budget
- 2004: Decentralisation
- 2007: A Generous Package
- 2011: The Final Fianna Fail Budget
- 2012: Spending Cuts and Tax Hikes