Four units from Dublin Fire Brigade are currently attending an electricity sub-station fire near Baggot Street in Dublin.
Dublin Fire Brigade Service has said the blaze is now under control.
ESB Network crews were are also at the scene to ensure the power was off before firefighting could start.
175 customers, both residents and businesses, are affected by the outage.
An ESB spokesperson said it is too early to say if the fire was started maliciously.
Baggot St Lower is closed between Merrion Row and Pembroke Street as a result of the fire and diversions in are place.
Last week, thousands of homes were left without power after thieves caused an explosion attempting to steal copper wire in the substation on Kylemore Way.
The Baggot St fire is now under control, @ESBNetworks moving in to assess the situation #powercut #D2 #Dublin #fire pic.twitter.com/aCjNhMVxM6
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) April 25, 2016