A series of elaborate carvings have been uncovered after a three-year conservation programme to the exterior of one of Ireland's finest 19th Century buildings.
The Museum Building at Trinity College Dublin was built between 1853 and 1857.
It features many interior and exterior carvings by John and James O'Shea, who gathered fresh flowers to use as their models.
Among the most impressive carvings, which had been obscured by layers of grime, are seven that allude to Aesop's Fables.
The most important panel refers to Darwin and the evolution of the species.
The conservation project, which is due to end shortly, has cost around €500,000.