Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream and caramelised banana.
- 2 lb loaf tin
- 150 g self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 70 g demerara sugar
- 70 g butter
- 60 g treacle
- 120 g golden syrup
- 1 small egg
- 2 ripe bananas
- Grease and flour the loaf tin.
- Melt the butter, treacle, golden syrup and sugar in a stainless steel saucepan on a gentle heat.
- Sieve the flour and ginger together.
- Mix the egg with the diced banana.
- Fold everything together gently in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into tin and bake at 170°C for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream and caramelised banana.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lamb Gigot Chops
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show