Richy dropped by Today with Maura and Dáithí to make his roast fillet of venison, carrot and caraway purée, Brussel sprout and gubbeen bacon friccasse.
Richy dropped by Today with Maura and Dáithí to make his roast fillet of venison, carrot and caraway purée, Brussel sprout and gubbeen bacon friccasse. Brussel sprouts are always popular at this time of year, check out some of our other recipes here!
- 1 fillet of venison (200g)
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
Carrot and caraway purée
- 3 carrots
- Vegetable stock
- Bay leaf
- 25g butter
Brussel sprout and bacon friccasse
- 500g Brussel sprout
- 50g diced gubbeen bacon
- 20g butter
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 50ml white wine
- Fresh nutmeg
- 100ml cream
- 100g grated fresh Parmesan
- Seer venison in non stick pan, season and place in oven at 200c for 8-10 minutes.
Carrot and caraway purée:
- Boil carrots in veg stock with bay leaf, butter and pinch of salt. Cook until tender. Approx 15-20 mins.
- Mash carrots with a pinch of caraway.
Brussel sprout and bacon friccasse:
- Slice the Brussel sprouts and fry in a non stick pan with butter and olive oil
- Add the gubbeen bacon & garlic, frying for 2-3 minutes
- Add the white wine and reduce liquid by half
- Add cream, cook till a sauce like consistently or it coats the back of a spoon
- Finish with grated nutmeg and Parmesan