These vegetable muffins are the perfect, tasty, on-the-go food. Perfect for this time of year when its hard to get all the family eating properly with all the running around.
- 1 courgette grated
- 1 carrot grated
- Small handful of spinach finely chopped
- 4 tbsp sweet corn
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 120g grated cheddar cheese
- 230g self-raising flour
- 180ml milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
Siobhan Berry shares her recipe for Vegetable Muffins. This is a great one for the big and small kids too. Whether your little one is at the finger food stage or you are looking to get a few veggies in, just pop them in their lunchbox and they'll do the trick. Remember to keep some for your own lunchbox too!
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and cheese.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, egg and milk.
- Add the vegetables to the bowl with the flour and cheese, stir in the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Divide evenly into your muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and fully cooked through.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- 4mth - 6mths Not suitable
- 6mths as a finger food - 8oz portion pot
- Lunch box - 12oz portion pot
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie