These macaroni and cheese muffins are a delicious finger food for your baby to enjoy or a great addition to a child's lunch box.
- cup of dried macaroni
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- cups of milk
- 3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tblsp butter
- 3 tblsp flour
- Roughly chop the cauliflower into small pieces, to resemble the macaroni.
- Boil a large pot of water, add the macaroni and the cauliflower and simmer for six to eight minutes, until the macaroni is cooked to your liking.
- Drain off and allow to cool slightly while you prepare the cheese sauce.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter, stir in the flour until it forms a paste.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, ensuring you are not left with any lumps of flour.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, remove from the heat and stir in 2 cups of the cheese.
- Stir the sauce into the macaroni and cauliflower mix.
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Place the mix into muffin/cupcake tins and scatter the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the cases.
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie