Zucchini noodles are also known as courgette pasta and are a great way of getting some extra vegetables into the kids meals. Plus they're great fun to make so why not get the kids to help you and get spiralizing!
- 4 large courgettes
- 900 ml tomato passata
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 4 tblsp oregano
- 1 tblsp paprika
- 1 tblsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp mild chili powder
- large handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- grated parmesan to serve
This recipe serves two adults and two children.
- Using a sprializer, sprialize the courgettes and set aside. If you think your child may not accept the green exterior, simply peel the courgettes before spiralizing.
- Heat a large pan with two tbsp of olive oil, add the onions and fry off until translucent, add the garlic and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spices to the pan, followed by the passata. Bring the mixture to the boil before simmering for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix in the basil and leave the sauce to sit while you prepare the courgettes.
- In another large pan add the remainder of the olive oil and lightly sauté the courgette for about 5 minutes until it has cooked through but is still slightly al dente.
- Serve with some freshly grated Parmesan and enjoy!
- Cook extra tomato sauce and store in your large portion pots.
If you can't get your hands on a spiralizer simply peel the courgette into ribbons!
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie