Mark Doe from Killarney's Just Cooking School shares a sumptuous summer recipe
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1/2 glass white wine
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh parsley
- Place a large sheet of tin foil on your work bench.
- Place another sheet on top of the first sheet so that you have two layers of foil.
- Scrunch up the sides of the foil slightly and place the mussels in the foil.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and the wine. Season with salt and pepper and scatter over the garlic.
- Scrunch the tin foil up to make a tightly closed bag.
- Place the bag on your barbecue and cook for 8-9 minutes until the mussels are cooked and fully open. Discard any mussels that haven't opened.
This recipe is courtesy of Just Cooking School.