These polenta chips are delicious and are great as a finger food for a baby from 6 months plus. Make it more fun by getting the kids into the kitchen and helping you shape them before they go into the oven!
- 2 cups of polenta
- 5 cups of low salt vegetable stock (we diluted one Kalio cube in 5 cups of water for ours)
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Bring the vegetable stock to a rolling boil
- Lower the heat and whisk in the polenta all at once.
- Continuously whisk over a medium heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add the parmesan and mix until fully combined.
- By this time the mixture should have thickened.
- Line a baking tray with some cling film and pour the mixture onto it to set.
- Once the polenta has begun to set move the mixture onto your counter top and allow to cool.
- When the polenta has fully cooled cut it into "chips", drizzle a baking tray with some olive oil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy, turning half way through.
- Serve and enjoy alongside our Hidden Veggie Burgers for a delicious family friendly dinner!
6 months - Suitable as a finger food (making sure not to make the chips to crispy in the oven)
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie