Iarla Ó Lionáird introduces traditional Irish musician Noel Hill who plays a concertina made in the 1860's.
- Title Noel Hill on Concertina
- 1st Broadcast 04/10/1988
- ContributorIarla Ó Lionáird (Presenter)
- Clip Duration 00:04:05
- Material Type Video
- Series title The Pure Drop
- Clip title A Concertina made in the 1860's
- Extended description
An extract from an episode of the traditional music series 'The Pure Drop'.
Iarla Ó Lionáird introduces Noel Hill who plays a concertina made in the 1860's. Noel Hill describes this concertina as having a special tone and an unusual key.
From Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann in Monkstown, Co. Dublin, Noel Hill preforms two reels, 'The Wind that Shakes the Barley' and 'Trip to Durrow'.
Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann is an organisation dedicated to the promotion of Irish music, song, dance and language.
'The Pure Drop' is described by the RTÉ Guide on 7 October 1988 as, "A twelve-part series presenting traditional Irish music at its best, introduced by the "music makers and singers themselves, with Iarla Ó Lionáird as host."
- Local keywords Iarla Ó Lionáird, Noel Hill, Concertina, Monkstown, Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann, Reel, Traditional Irish Music, The Pure Drop
- Geographical coverage Ireland, Dublin
- Topic Arts and Culture
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 1988
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier LX1539
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
The Blind Harper
Broadcast - 05/11/1976
Clip Length - 00:03:39
A Concertina made in the 1860's
Broadcast - 04/10/1988
Clip Length - 00:04:05
The Bothy Band at the Embankment Cabaret Rooms
Broadcast - 17/12/1976
Clip Length - 00:02:41
Now what do you think I've been doing all day?
Broadcast - 14/10/1980
Clip Length - 00:01:31
Broadcast - 04/10/2002
Clip Length - 00:09:56
Kíla Busking in Ennis
Broadcast - 16/04/1988
Clip Length - 00:02:44