Paul Flynn provides this succulent steak recipe, using Lidl Ireland products.
- 4 deluxe irish hereford rib eye steaks
- 4 ramiro peppers
- 1 packet of rocket
- 1 large extra ripe avocado
- 1 tblsp acentino balsamic vinegar
- 1 tblsp dairy manor garlic spread
- 2 tblsp primadonna extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Put the steaks onto a medium high barbecue, right in the centre. Place the peppers around the edge on a gentler part of the barbecue.
- Meanwhile crush the avocado with a fork and add the salt and pepper.
- Turn the peppers often but only turn the steak after 5 minutes. Once turned, 3 minutes will give you a nice medium (pink) steak. For more well done leave on for a couple of more minutes.
- Remove to a plate, spread the garlic butter paste on top, season and cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place to rest.
- Whisk the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together along with the steak juices.
- Place the steaks on warm plates with a little of the crushed avocado on top, along with a pepper.
- Add as much rocket as you like and divide the dressing on top.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show
- Bacon, onion, potato and sour cream tart/pizza
- Paul Flynn's Seafood Chowder