How about these tasty delights from Richard Corrigan on Christmas morning.
- 1 box of rolled puff pastry, 2 sheets in a box
- 400 g sausagemeat
- 4 dried apricots (roughly chopped)
- 6 prunes (roughly chopped)
- 6 dates (roughly chopped)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- dash of sherry (optional)
- fresh cranberries (optional)
- Allow the pastry to defrost, unroll the pastry. Using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry until it is about 3mm thick, keep the rectangular shape, and cut the pastry into 10-12cm wide strip.
- Mix the sausagemeat, dried fruit, cranberries and the dash of sherry together. Make the sausagemeat into a roll 2cm in diameter.
- Place the meat on the pastry, about 1cm from the edge of the pastry.
- Moisten the edge of the pastry near the sausage meat. Fold over the pastry and seal by using a fork. Cut into pieces depending on what size of sausage roll you would like. Brush with egg wash. Place on to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 220°C (425°F, Gas 7) for about 20 minutes.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips