A delicious snack to enjoy at any time of the day.
- 1 loaf country bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 g wild mushrooms
- 1 lemon
- bunch of parsley
- 50 g black olives
- 50 g artichoke hearts
- 1 red pepper
- 50 g local hard cheese
- bunch of basil
- 50 g pecorino
- 1 jerusalem artichoke
- salt, pepper
- 1 tomato
- Slice the bread thickly and leave each slice to soak in olive oil with crushed garlic, then grill each slice or 'toast' in a dry frying pan.
- Chop the mushrooms up small and quickly fry in a pan until soft.
- Cook the Jerusalem artichoke in boiling water, peel and dice the flesh.
- Slice the red pepper and gently fry until soft.
- Chip the black olives up roughly and add to the mushrooms together with the juice of half a lemon, the chopped parsley and basil, slices of artichoke hearts and the hard cheese diced. Season to taste.
- Spoon this mixture on top of the grilled warm bread. Arrange strips of red pepper on top and chopped tomato. Freshly grate fresh pecorino on top and enjoy!
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes