Ian Bailey has spoken about the decision of a French court yesterday to convict him, in his absence, of the murder of Sophie Toscan du Plantier in Schull in Co Cork in December 1996.
The three magistrates also sentenced Mr Bailey to 25 years in prison following the non-jury trial.
Extradition proceedings are expected to follow.
The 62-year-old, who has repeatedly denied any involvement in the killing, told RTÉ News this morning that when he learned of the court ruling, it was like "water off a duck's back".
He asked people who had any knowledge of the killing to speak up adding that he wanted "for somebody in Ireland to come out and have the courage to tell the truth, and admit that they know that it wasn't me.
"I know there are people in this country that know it wasn't me, it was the culprit, and I know they are sitting on that, and my prayer has been that the truth comes out."
Ian Bailey said that following yesterday's guilty verdict in France he was "go mhaith" or good and that he was trying to remain calm in the eye of the hurricane.
Speaking in Skibbereen this morning, he said he had been surprised to find that he was feeling pretty good today despite his murder conviction in Paris yesterday.
Although he was not operating his market stall today because of the weather, he said he had not been tempted to stay at home.
For him, it is business as usual and he is going to carry on for as long as he can being himself, he said.
Ian Bailey would not comment on the 25-year sentence handed down to him other than to say that in the aftermath of the verdict, people had shown him "1,000% support if that is possible" and plenty of prayers, which both humble and strengthen him.
Asked if he was expecting a knock on the door now that the Paris court made it clear that it would be seeking a new warrant for his extradition, Ian Bailey said, given that its a bank holiday weekend, maybe he would be waiting on a knock on the door from Tuesday.
He said he had sympathy for Ms du Plantier's family but he said they were told lies that he was the culprit and they chose to believe that.
We need your consent to load this rte-player contentWe use rte-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences
Separately, Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan said he has been monitoring the Ian Bailey trial in France and has noted the verdict.
But he added that he does not comment on individual cases.
Answering a question about the fact there used to be safeguards in Irish law to prevent people being extradited to other countries after it was decided not to prosecute them here, he said he would not be extrapolating from individual cases.