Thanks to the rich vanilla and sweet raspberry coulis this porridge tastes like a decadent Italian panacotta, but it is so easy to make. It's my go-to breakfast when I want something that tastes extra special with minimal effort.
- 90g of oats
- 400ml of almond or whole milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- for the raspberry coulis:
- 120g of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Add the oats and milk to a medium saucepan on medium heat and bring it up to a simmer.
- Let them simmer gently while you make the coulis.
- Add the raspberries, water and maple syrup to a small saucepan on medium heat. Give it a stir and bring it up to a simmer. Turn the heat down so that it's bubbling gently. Keep an eye on it as it bubbles and use a fork to gently mash the berries as they cook.
- Use a knife to carefully slice open the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape the seeds from inside straight into the oats. Stir well.
- After about 3 minutes, the berries should be soft and sticky.
- Serve the oats with the berries generously poured on top.
Recipe courtesy of Flahavan's