Looking for a delicious family meal that your weaning baby will also enjoy? Try this Chicken Quesadillas recipe! It's ready in less than 20 minutes, so you'll have a tasty Mexican themed meal ready in no time. And better still, the leftovers make a tasty lunch the next day too!
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 4-6 tbsp oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced/chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced/chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- Ground black pepper
- 1 Avocado, smashed, to serve
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Drizzle with oil.
- Meanwhile, place the oregano, paprika and chilli powder in a large bowl. Add the chopped chicken and lime juice and mix to coat.
- Add the chicken to the pan. Leave to cook for 3 minutes before adding the onion. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Ensuring the chicken is cooked through, transfer chicken and peppers to a clean bowl.
- Place the pan back on medium heat and drizzle with oil.
- Working in batches, place one tortilla at a time into the pan. Top with 3 tablespoons grated cheese and ¼ of the chicken pepper mixture. Top with another tortilla.
- Cook for 2 minutes before flipping. Cook for a further 2 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan and slice into quarters. Allow to cool before serving. Repeat with the remaining tortilla wraps.
- Serve with sour cream and smashed avocado for dipping.
Weaning and Storage
Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self-feed.
Use as a finger food and add dips such as smashed avocado and sour cream to increase variety.
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie