Get the kids involved in the kitchen with this simple Baked Avocado Fries recipe! Creamy and delicious, these fries make a yummy and healthy alternative to chips. They're perfect as a snack or side dish for any family meal.
- 40g flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 slice bread
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into wedges
- Optional: Easy Tomato Sauce, to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Meanwhile, prepare the breadcrumb mix. Add the bread and oregano to a food processor.
- Blitz on high speed for 30 seconds, or until a crumbly mixture forms. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To prepare your work space, place the sliced avocado wedges on a plate. Put the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs into 3 separate bowls. (Now the fun begins!)
- One at a time, dip each avocado wedge into the flour to coat. Dip into the egg mixture before finishing in the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to the baking tray and repeat for the remaining wedges.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve with some Easy Tomato Sauce.
Weaning and Storage:
Suitable for your baby from 6 months onwards.
6months+ - Serve as is with some sauce for dipping in a 1oz pot.
Best consumed fresh and warm. This recipe is not suitable for freezing.
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie