This boiled egg recipe is a quick and fuelling breakfast that the family will enjoy. Just cut into slices to make a perfect baby led finger food for your weaning baby. This egg recipe also makes a great midday feed for baby. This egg recipe also makes a great midday feed for baby.
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, smashed
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 litre of water
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the water. Bring to the boil.
- Carefully add the eggs to the water, using a slotted spoon if needed.
- Allow to boil for 3 minutes to ensure they are cooked through and safe for your baby to eat.
- While cooking, pop the bread in the toaster.
- Remove the eggs from the water using a slotted spoon. Peel the shell and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Once cooled slightly, slice the egg.
- Spread the avocado on the toast and top with the sliced egg. Alternatively, mash the avocado separate to serve as a dip.
- Cut into slices and serve warm for the perfect breakfast finger food.
- This recipe is perfect for weaning babies 6 months+ or at stages 2+ of their weaning journey.
- Slice the toast with smashed egg into fingers and serve with mashed avocado as a dip for baby to have a hands on feeding experience.
- Best consumed fresh and warm and not recommended to store or freeze eggs after cooking.
Recipe courtesy of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie