Siobhan Berry shares a delicious recipe the whole family will love! This delicious Chicken Carbonara is perfect for enjoying mid-week! Adding veggies to a dish that the kids already know and love is a great way of sneaking in some extra greens into their diet!
- 400g pasta
- 4 chicken breasts
- 50g parmesan cheese grated plus extra to serve
- 50g crème fraise
- 3 eggs
- 4 bacon rashers, cut into chunks
- ½ head of cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup sweet corn
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp oregano
- Olive oil
- Boil some water in a large pot and cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- When the pasta has about 6 minutes, left add in the cauliflower.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, parmesan and crème fraise.
- Heat a large frying pan with some olive oil and cook the chicken, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the bacon until golden and crispy, reduce the heat, add in the oregano garlic and peas, cook for 3-4 minutes before adding in the sweet corn.
- Add the pasta and cauliflower to the pan and combine. Turn off the heat but leave the pan on the hob.
- Stir in the egg mixture and combine until everything is covered in the sauce.
- Place the chicken on top with some extra parmesan, serve and enjoy!
Allow to cool for up to 2 hours and then place in your fridge for about half an hour. After this it will be ready to go into the freezer. Use within 3-4 months.
To defrost: Place in the fridge overnight or use the defrost button on your microwave. Never let it defrost on the counter top.
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie