Siobhan Berry shares her recipe for a family favourite! Chicken Parmigiana - yummy!
- 4 large, skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 75g Parmesan, grated
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- half a jar passata
- 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 75g mozzarella, torn
- olive oil
- Place the chicken breasts between cling film sheets and bash out with a rolling pin until they are nice and thin.
- Dip the chicken in the egg, then breadcrumbs, mixed with half the Parmesan.
- Set aside on a plate in the fridge while you make the sauce.
- Heat oil and cook garlic for 1 min, then add tomatoes, passata and oregano before allowing to simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Heat your grill to High and cook the chicken for 5 mins each side, then remove.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with the chicken.
- Scatter over the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan and grill for 3-4 mins until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve with pasta and enjoy!
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie