A delicious recipe for blackberry pancakes from The Ketogenic Kitchen - a new book by chef Domini Kemp and nutririonist Patricia Daly.
- 55g coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence, no alcohol
- 3 scant tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 30g blackberries
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Melt the rest of the coconut oil in a separate pan and add it to a mixing bowl with the eggs and vanilla essence.
- Mix well, then add the coconut flour and baking powder and whisk together. You should have a smooth batter – you might have to add some more coconut milk or water.
- Ladle some batter into the frying pan and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. The smaller the pancakes, the easier they will be to turn.
- Top with the blackberries before serving.