This is a beautifully simple and tasty dish that will make you feel healthy after eating it. It's light and spicy and is perfect accompanied by chopped spring onions, sharp green salad and a glass of chilled white wine. But asparagus goes really well with it too, especially with all those umami flavours! If you want to avoid the refined sugar in the chilli sauce, then you can always use a little squeeze on honey and some chilli flakes instead.
- 400g salmon fillets, skin removed
- 4 tblsp light sesame oil
- 50ml soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- good pinch chilli flakes
- black pepper
- 1 tblsp black or white sesame seeds
- 2 tblsp sweet chilli sauce
- Cut the salmon into big chunks or you can leave whole. You'll have enough marinade to do a third 200g fillet, but if you want to serve more fish, just double the marinade quantities.
- Mix all the other ingredients together and marinate the fish for a few hours or overnight.
- Cook on a wire rack, under a hot grill until charred and cooked through. You can baste with extra marinade while cooking.
- Serve with some chopped spring onions and a salad.