Like rhubarb? Check out Domini's wonderful dessert that she made on the Today show on RTÉ One. Domini says: "I used coconut milk for the batter instead of ordinary milk, and coconut sugar instead of refined white sugar, though you could also use palm sugar or maple syrup. Either way, the end result is very tasty indeed."
- 100g ground almonds
- 8 stalks rhubarb, chopped
- Few leaves fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 90g coconut or palm sugar, or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 250ml coconut milk
- Toss the chopped rhubarb with the rosemary and coconut sugar and place in the bottom of a pie dish.
- Next, make the batter using a blender, by blitzing the almonds, rice flour, vanilla, eggs, egg yolks and coconut milk together.
- Pour over the rhubarb/sugar mixture and bake at 180C for 45 minutes.
- Serve with cream.