Spice up your little one's dinners with Siobhan Berry's easy to make Curry. Siobhan started making this for her daughter Ashleigh at about 6 months of age and thinks it is the reason she now likes all things spicy.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small chopped red onion
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 carrot
- ½ small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 tbsp dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 175g skinless, boneless chicken breast's, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 60g frozen peas
- 400ml coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the garlic, onion, curry powder and turmeric for 2-3 minutes until the garlic and onion are soft.
- Add the sweet potato, carrot, cauliflower, red lentils and chicken and stir to coat in the spices.
- Pour in the coconut milk, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are soft and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add a little water if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Stir in the peas and serve it over basmati rice.
Note: Be careful of curry pastes for babies and young children as they contain high amounts of salt.
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie