Liven up an old favourite.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil and sauté the onions and the garlic.
- Once the onions have begun to turn translucent add in the rest of the vegetables with the oregano and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes; bring the mixture to the boil before simmering for 35-40 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are fully cooked and the tomatoes have thickened add the mixture to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with pasta and some cooked chicken, enjoy!
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie