Louise Lennox will ensure that no one will be bored by your pancake offerings next Tuesday - she has Banoffi, Blueberry and Cinnamon and Apple variations!
- 185 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 60 g butter (melted)
- 250 ml whole milk
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and caster sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and pour into the well, whisking to form a smooth batter and then stir in the butter.
- Cover the bowl with cling-film and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and brush lightly with some clarified butter.
- When the pan is hot, pour 2flozs of batter into the pan and swirl evenly to form a round pancake.
- Cook over a low heat for 1 minute until underneath the pancake is golden.
- Turn the pancake over and cook for a further 20 seconds.
Add 2 small bananas that have been well mashed to the batter and cook as instructions above. When cooked, top with the caramel condensed milk. Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Add 8ozs of fresh or frozen blueberries to the batter before cooking it.
Cinnamon and Apple Pancakes:
Grate 2 small eating apples and mix into the batter. Sieve in a tablespoon of cinnamon and cook in the usual way. When cooked, drizzle with maple syrup.