A warm, sweet breakfast to keep you going until lunch!
- 1 handful of hazelnuts
- 950 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 85 g short-grain brown rice
- 50 g sugar
- vanilla bean split lengthwise
- 85 g Strawberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let them cool and then coarsely chop.
- Combine almond milk, rice, sugar, and 4 cups of water in a large saucepan.
- Scrape in vanilla seeds and add pod.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is very tender and mixture resembles loose rice pudding or oatmeal (60-70 minutes).
- Remove vanilla pod.
- Serve porridge topped with jam and hazelnuts.