This is a great one to make with children. It's a "one bowl wonder" and is tasty, simple and easy to pull together. My kids love it!
- 190 g plain flour
- tsp baking powder
- 190 g smooth peanut butter
- 90 g golden brown sugar
- 100 g butter or margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240 g chivers blackberry jam
- 50 g coarsely chopped salted dry-roasted peanuts
- melted chocolate
- tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Line 8 x 8 x 2-inch metal baking pan with tinfoil, leaving a 2-inch overhang around edges and pressing firmly into the corners and up the sides of the pan. Coat foil with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, sugar, and butter in large bowl until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and beat on low speed just to blend.
- Transfer half of dough to prepared pan and place remaining dough in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Using fingertips, press dough evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Spread jam over in even layer.
- Remove dough from freezer, and using fingertips, break into peanut-size pieces and scatter over jelly layer.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over.
- Bake bars until top is golden brown, for about 30 minutes. Cool bars completely in pan on rack and drizzle melted chocolate across the top.
- Using foil overhang as aid, lift bars from pan. Gently peel foil from edges and cut into squares.