National Bread Week returns this October from the 9th to the 15th! Yvonne Connolly brought her layered bread and vegetable terrine to Today with Maura and Dáithí. #LoveYourLoaf
Prep: 15 minutes + chilling
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1 red pepper, cut into thick strips (170g)
- 1 onion, thickly sliced (140g)
- 2 courgettes, sliced lengthways (270g)
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomato paste (50g)1 tbsp oil
- 4 slices medium white bread, crusts removed (70g)
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Line a 700ml loaf tin with cling film with extra overhanging the edges.
- Place the pepper, onion, courgettes and tomatoes on a baking tray. Toss in the tomato paste, oil, 2 tbsp water and seasoning and roast for 20 minutes.
- Cut the bread to fit the tin and place 1/3 in the base. Top with half the vegetable mixture. Add another layer of bread and then the rest of the vegetables. Place the remaining bread on top, cover with the excess cling film and place a tin or something heavy on top, chill for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the tin, brush lightly with a little sundried tomato paste and serve sliced with salad.
Try using pesto instead of tomato paste or use aubergines to replace the courgette.