The summer holidays are here so get the kids into the kitchen and whip up a batch of this delicious pink lemonade! Brilliant fun and a great way to introduce rhubarb to them!
- 3 stalks of rhubarb
- 4 lemons, plus extra to garnish
- 4 tblsp caster sugar
- 200 ml sparkling water
- Cut the rhubarb into small pieces, rinse off and place in a saucepan with the sugar and enough water to cover the bottom of the pot.
- Place on a low heat with the lid on and allow to stew for five to ten minutes until all of the rhubarb has broken down and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add in the blackcurrants and leave to stew for a further five minutes.
- Get the kids involved, juicing the lemons.
- Allow to rhubarb to cool before passing through a sieve.
- Combine the rhubarb mix with the lemon juice, add some ice and sparkling water to taste, taking care not to dilute it too much!
- Enjoy as a delicious treat on a warm day!
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie