Homemade fish fingers are absolutely delicious! By getting the kids involved in the cooking process they are more likely to accept the fish. Sweet potato fries are also a great healthy alternative to normal chips!
- 600 g cut into strips
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 handful of parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 0.5 cup flour
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeed and sliced into fries
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the bread and parmesan in a food processor and blitz into breadcrumbs.
- Put the fish, flour, eggs and breadcrumb mix into separate bowls.
- Lay out the bowls in a line (fish, flour, egg, breadcrumbs) with an oven tray at the end and allow the child to dip into each bowl to make the fish fingers.
- Toss the sweet potato in the oil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake the fish and the fries in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and crispy, turning half way through.
- Serve with their favourite greens and enjoy!
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie