Great comfort food for all the family to enjoy.
For the Fruit Mix
- 300g (11oz) rhubarb, cut into 2cm (¾in) pieces
- 300g (11oz) strawberries, sliced
- 100g (3½oz) caster sugar
For the Batter
- 50g (2oz) butter, plus extra for greasing
- 225g (8oz) plain four
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 75ml (3fl oz) milk
- 1 egg
- 50g (2oz) almonds, chopped
- 25g (1oz) granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F), Gas mark 3.
- Grease the pie dish with butter, then pour in the chopped rhubarb and strawberries.
- To make the batter, sift the flour and baking powder together into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter, then mix in the sugar.
- Beat the milk and egg together and mix in to form a soft dough. Place in 'blobs' over the top of the fruit.
- Mix the almonds together with the granulated sugar, then sprinkle over the top of the cobbler.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until the centre is cooked through. Stick a skewer into the batter - the cobbler is ready if it comes out clean.