A cheese and potato combination perfect for barbecues.
- 350 g halloumi cheese
- 8 baby potatoes
- 55 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- fresh thyme, mint, rosemary, parsley
- 1 lime (juice)
- sea salt
- coarse black pepper
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Place in a bowl.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the halloumi in 1 inch cubes. Place the cheese and potatoes in the marinade and place in the fridge for 24 hours. Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to barbeque, place a cube of cheese and a potato on to the skewer and repeat. Place the same on the 2nd skewer.
- Grill until the edges are brown. When turning the skewers brush with remaining marinade.