A health-conscious but delicious dessert.
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups of apple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 160 g cube tofu
- 80 ml apple juice concentrate
- 300g-350g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp agar (agar flakes)
- 12 in flan dish (metal, glass or ceramic)
- Wash the couscous, drain, and place in a pot with the apple juice and vanilla essence. Bring to the boil. Place a lid on top, lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Allow to sit with the lid on top for 10 minutes. Stir well.
- Oil first then rinse the flan dish with water. Press the couscous mixture into the dish with dampened fingers, bringing the mix up the sides of the dish.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours until set.
- Blend the tofu along with 30 ml (1 fl oz) of apple juice concentrate until smooth. Spread evenly over the couscous base.
- Wash the blueberries and arrange evenly on top of the tofu.
- Place the agar-agar and 50 ml (1 ¾ fl oz) apple juice concentrate and 55 ml (2 fl oz) water in a pot. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon the agar jelly over the fruit. Allow to cool thoroughly before serving.
Lorraine's tips: Agave syrup can be used instead of the apple juice concentrate. Raspberries also work well. Custard or soy custard can be used instead of the tofu cream