This indulgent recipe is a great take on an Irish classic
- 1 capsule of fortissio lungo grand cru
- 1 tsp sugar cane syrup
- 5 tsp whisky
- 2 tsp whippedcream
- 250 g / 9 oz of plain flour
- 50 g /2 oz of rice flour
- 100 g / 4 oz of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 250 g / 9 oz of butter
- granulated sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 °C / 320 Fahrenheit.
- Place both kinds of flour, the butter cut into cubes, the sugar and the vanilla in the
- bowl of a food processor.
- Mix gradually to form a ball of dough.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle on a silicon baking sheet or on a baking tray
- lined with greaseproof paper and dusted with flour.
- Cut the dough into squares with the point of a knife.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 min.
- Leave to cool and break off the pre-scored squares.
- Serve the shortbreads with the irish coffees
- Heat the whisky with the sugar cane syrup in a 'bain marie'.
- Prepare the Fortissio Lungo Grand Cru in lungo (110 ml / 4 oz).
- Pour the first preparation with the Fortissio Lungo Grand Cru into a glass.
- Add the whipped cream and serve.
This recipe was courtesy from Nespresso.