Chickpeas are low calorie and fibre rich, keeping you fuller for longer and balancing blood sugar levels. The filling will stay fresh in the fridge for 3 days and makes a super packed lunch. Go easy on the sour cream and grated cheese for a thinner dinner.
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch ground chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 400 g tomato purée
- 400 g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tblsp coriander, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup low fat grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 125 ml low fat sour cream (optional)
- Cook the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until soft. Stir in the spices for a minute. Add the purée, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix in the fresh coriander and season to taste.
- Heat up the tortillas in the oven if preferred.
- Divide the chickpea mixture between the tortillas and add tomato, onion, avocado, cheese, sour cream and lettuce.
Notes: One portion (two filled wraps) contains 392 kcal, 13g protein, 29.7g carbohydrates, 17.6g fat (of which 3.9g saturated) and 7.1g of fibre