A dessert from the black team during MasterChef Ireland 2012
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry (ready made)
- 250 g strawberries
- 250 g raspberries 72 tbsp vanilla essence
- 150 ml double cream
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- 1 tblsp water
- Cut the shortcrust pastry into 6 4 inch squares. Sprinkle with caster sugar and bake for 10 mins and 170 degrees.
- Place the strawberries in a pot and simmer for 10 mins with 1 tbsp sugar and a little water. Remove from heat and cool.
- Whip the cream with the vanilla essence until stiff peaks form
- To plate, place a square of pastry on a plate. Top with a little strawberry compote. Raspberries and a tablespoon of the cream