In just 5 easy steps, recreate one of Marty Morrissey's delicious recipes from The Restaurant: Pan seared brill with Samphire and Cockles.
- 6 brill fillets
- 1 lemons
- 25 g butter
- for the sauce
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp butter
- 500 g cockles
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 150 ml cream
- 200 g samphire
- 1 tblsp chopped chives
- lemon juice
- First cook the cockles. Peel and dice the shallot and gently fry in the butter until soft, turn up the heat and add the cockles and the wine and put a lid on the pot, cook until the cockles open.
- Strain the cockles and set them aside until service and put the juices back in the pot and bring to the boil.
- Pour in the cream and reduce the liquid slightly. Put the samphire in the sauce and cook on a medium heat for about 1 minute. Then add the chives, season with salt, white pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Keep warm until service.
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the fillets of fish until golden, season, add a knob of butter and turn the fillets, add a squeeze of lemon, baste well.
- To serve place approx 6 cockles around the dish, put some samphire sauce in the middle, place the brill on top and garnish with some more samphire sauce and a lemon wedge.