Free from dairy, wheat, gluten, yeast and nuts.
- 625 g lean minced beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 tblsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 egg
- 1 tblsp dry gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 375 ml dairy-free yoghurt
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Place beef in a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the onion and add to meat with the parsley, marjoram, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Mix thoroughly, then use wet hands to form the mixture into small balls.
- Place in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Mix the cornflour into the yoghurt and pour the mixture over the meatballs.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180°C(350°F/Gas 4) for 25 minutes.
- For the Yoghurt:
- If heating the yoghurt, add the cornflour and bring almost to the boil. If serving cold, do not add the cornflour.
- Mix finely grated cucumber and chopped mint into the yoghurt for extra flavour.
Paula's tips: The meatballs can be shallow fried in a mixture of vegetable oil and butter, deep fried in vegetable oil or steamed, or they can be baked with the yoghurt. They can be threaded onto bamboo skewers or toothpicks and served with the yoghurt, hot or cold, as a dip.