Enjoy kebabs the healthy way with Paula Mee
- 500 g lamb (cut into 1inch cubes)
- 1 red onion (halved)
- 1 green pepper (de-seeded and cubed)
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 3 pinches cinnamon
- juice of ½ orange
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tblsp clear runny honey
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Stir in the lamb and cover with cling film. Leave to marinade for 1-2 hours in the fridge. Meanwhile, soak some wooden skewers in water.
- Cut each onion half into 4 equal wedges and remove the white core from each piece. Split the wedges in half to make 16 thin pieces of onion.
- Place a cube of lamb onto a skewer, followed by pieces of onion and pepper. Repeat and add a piece of lamb to finish. Do the same for all 8 skewers.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Grill the kebabs for 12-16 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes. Allow to rest before serving with rice or couscous and salad.