Great for breakfast - or any time.
- 150 g oat flakes
- 3 tblsp crushed almonds, brazil nuts and walnuts (or whatever combo you like)
- 2 tblsp wheat germ
- 1 tblsp wheat bran
- 3 tblsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tblsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tblsp jumbo raisins and sultanas
- 1 tblsp cranberries
- 2 tblsp honey (you can leave it out if you don't want it too sweet)
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Mix the nuts and seeds together and dry fry in a large non-stick pan until lightly toasted. Remove from the pan or they will continue frying and burn.
- Mix the honey and oil and then pour the mix over the cereal.
- Gently heat in the pan until lightly cooked.
- Mix together the nuts, seeds, dried fruit and the cereal mixture.
- Add in the wheat germ and bran.
- Allow to cool completely then store in an air tight container in the fridge.
- Enjoy topped with natural yoghurt or cold milk.
You could use 150g of a gluten-free muesli base of rice flakes, soya flakes and millet flakes instead of the oats. Leave out the wheat germ and bran if you want a gluten-free ganola.