A simple way to liven up your salad options with a burst of flavour.
- 200 g fresh salmon
- smoked salmon
- 1 tblsp crème fraiche
- cayenne pepper
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- sea salt
- 12 spears asparagus (peeled and trimmed)
- mixed salad leaves (oak leaf frisee, red chard dandelion leaf, rocket..)
- white wine
- chive (chopped)
- chervil (chopped)
- dressing: lemon olive oil
- Take fillet of salmon and smoked salmon and place on sheet of grease proof paper and tinfoil. Add a few drops of olive oil then some lemon zest and thyme. Make into parcel and cook in oven for 6-8 minutes on 150°C.
- Remove and put in bowl break loosely with a fork and mix a little chopped herbs and crème fraiche. Season and reserve.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook asparagus fro 4-6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. This is the dressing for the leaves.
- Separately take 2 tbsp of mayonnaise, some cayenne olive oil, lemon juice and zest and mix together.
- To Serve:
- Place salmon in a circle on the plate. Then toss the asparagus in olive oil and place on top of salmon.
- Mix the picked leaves in dressing with chopped and pickled herbs.
- Place on top of the asparagus and finish with mayonnaise on side of plate.