Stored properly, it may last up to a week.
- 100 g wild garlic leaves (washed and dried)
- 50 g walnuts (lightly toasted)
- 200 ml olive oil
- 50 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper
- Pour the olive oil into a food processor and add the wild garlic and walnuts. Blitz to a coarse puree.
- Stir in the cheese and season to taste.
- Store in a sterilised jar in the fridge. Cover with a thin layer of olive oil to protect from the air. Stored properly, it may last up to a week.
- Uses for Wild Garlic Pesto and Flowers:
- Simply spread on good crusty bread, you can add some cold meats, cheese and tomato.
- Stir into risotto for terrific flavour.
- Drizzle over a baked potato.
- Add a dollop to egg dishes like frittata or an omelette.
- Stir through pasta and add extra olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
- Coat a piece of fish or chicken and bake in the oven. Squeeze over lemon juice.
- Serve with BBQ’s meats such as steak.
- Stir through potato salad for a twist.
- Use the flowers in green salads.
- Roast vegetables in the oven or skewers on the BBQ, and baste for the last few minutes with pesto mixed with olive oil.
- Find out more about wild garlic from Rozanne Stevens.